Why a Bible Church?
While Oaks is not affiliated with any particular Christian denomination, we adhere to the Bible as our standard of faith and practice. More than just a name, we look to God's Word to be a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path Psalm 119:105. Oaks Bible Church originated as a home study and is comprised of members from various backgrounds, including non-denominational, Baptist, Evangelical Free, Presbyterian, and more. Whatever your background, we would like to meet you at Oaks and welcome you to our church family.
At Oaks we invite you to
John 17:3 (Jesus) And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent. Philippians 3:8 (Paul) I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish in order that I may gain Christ.
Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects unto Him, who is the head, even Christ. 1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn babes, long for the pure milk of the Word, that by it you may grow in respect to salvation.
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.’ Matthew 28:19-20 (Jesus) Go therefore and make disciples of all nations.
Searching for a home church?
Here are five good principles for choosing the right one
- Choose a church where the Bible is taught rightly and thoroughly 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- Choose a church where the people strive to love and serve one another.
- Choose a church where the pastors are genuine and seem to love their people.
- Choose a church in which you feel blessed, but also where you sense you could be a blessing. That is, where you could help build up the body with your gifts and strengths Ephesians 4:16.
- Seek God's wisdom James 1:5 and will in prayer for a church home and choose the church of God's leading.